Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bailee's Foot

Poor Bailee cut her foot this evening.  She and I went to the ER to have it looked at.  I wasn't sure if she needed stitches or not, there was quite a bit of blood dripping from it.  We ended up just having the doctor put medical glue on it to hold the wound closed, that's why it looks so shiny.

It was a pretty stressful evening.  It's crazy how one minute things are fine and the next minute all heck is breaking loose.  I forgot to mention she cut it on a metal door that gives us access to under our house (not that I ever venture under there ;)  Anyhow, just one of those unfortunate accidents.  She was screaming and crying, I was trying to keep my wits together and think of what the best course of action would be.  Poor Ashton was crying and I couldn't really console him because I needed to take care of Bailee.  When she and I left for the hospital, Ashton and Madison were crying.  Once we left though, Madison was a big help and got Ashton calmed down and my neighbor who happened to be in the right place at the right time came over to check on the kids till Jeff got home.

Here's brave Bailee resting on the couch after we got home.  She was antsy to get the hospital bracelet off.  She had to lay on the couch for a little bit to let the glue dry.  We could have gotten stitches on the deepest cut area, but we thought stitches would be such a pain to walk on, so hopefully the glue holds.

Bailee colored this beautiful picture during our wait at the hospital.  One nice thing was, I knew our nurse from our ward and I knew the lady who checked us in and out, from highschool.  She and I were good friends.  It's always nice to see familiar faces, especially during stressful times.  I'm thankful for their extra tlc.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, man... it's one thing after another! Poor Bailee. I hope her foot heals soon!

rustfamily said...

So sorry to hear that!! Wish we lived closer so we could be there to help you. Hope Bailee gets better soon!

Scott and Svetlana said...

Poor lil thing. I hope she is doing well now.

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Thanks sweet ladies!

Unknown said...

Poor Bailee! It looks so sad :( Hope it's healing well. Sorry it didn't get her out of kindergarten ;)