| A couple of weeks ago, Madison, Bailee and I had a dentist appointment. No cavities for any of us, yippy! I wasn't sure how it would go with Bailee because in the past she's been very uncomfortable with having the dentist or hygienist do anything with her. She hasn't ever had much of a cleaning or check up until this time. I wish I had a phone that could take and send pictures because this visit would have been a good time to get a photo. When it came to Bailee's turn, she was resistant, so I ended up back in the dentist chair with her sitting on my lap. At first it was okay, but then they hygienist lowered us back. There I was laying completely underneath Bailee, it seemed like we were tilted back more than normal too. So, here's healthy, 40 pound Bailee laying on top of me during her cleaning and exam. She felt comfortable, but did I? I think not. :) I asked Bailee if I could get up because I was starting to get a headache and was having a bit of a hard time breathing, she said, "No". I told her it kind of reminded me of when she was a baby in my tummy. :) The girls thought it was especially funny when Amy, the hygienist was spraying off Bailee's teeth and Bailee closed her mouth and the water sprayed off of her onto my chest and ran down into my armpit. They thought this was hilarious!! The things we have to do as parents, ugh! All went well though, and we had a good time. I must say, it was nice to get up off that chair and take a full breath! I'm proud of Bailee for doing much better this time, but I think I'll send Jeff with her next time! ;-) |
3 comments:
Oh, what an experience! Glad I haven't had to do that. :)
Oh man, I hope I don't have to do that with Derek. He's been once and screamed the entire time.
Just wait Gaynelle, you're next!! ha ha!
Post a Comment