Now when I hear that saying, "Mother knows best", it brings to mind the song from Tangled. "Mother knows best, blah blah blah blah blah blahhhh!.....Gettin' kinda pudgy." I know the pudgy line from Madison often singing it. :) She makes me smile and laugh. She's also getting taller. I especially noticed this on Sunday when we were getting ready for church. She was wearing some cute new shoes that have a small heel on them. I felt like I could barely do her hair, she was so much taller, but we managed. ;)
| Madison and Bailee cuddling up together after a bath. |
This morning when I was doing her hair, she was telling me about a friend who good naturedly smacks her when Madison is being silly. I have mixed feelings about this. I understand when you're being silly, sometimes a tap, or smack on the arm or back happens. Madison doesn't enjoy being hit, even if it is in a joking way, which I can totally understand, I don't much enjoy being hit myself. It's an odd feeling. I gave Madison a couple of tips on things she could say to this friend. But when I told her, that I was recently smacked in the arm twice by a friend, she really listened up. I told her that I said to my friend, "Why do you keep hitting me?!?" She was listening to me intently and said, "Okay". I think she might use my line, next time she's in this situation. I hope this is actually helpful for her, we'll see...
1 comment:
What a darling picture! I am so glad they are good friends. My boys are five years apart, too, and they love each other right now but I worry about when they get older. I'm sure your girls have their moments, but for the most part they seem like they really love each other and that is reassuring to see! I liked the way you handled the situation about Madison and her friend. Maybe her friend doesn't really realize she is being a little rude, and asking her why she's doing it is a good way to bring her attention to it without being mean back.
Post a Comment