Tuesday, March 6, 2012

down but not out

I wasn't feeling well on Sunday, Ashton was sweet to give a me a hug.  I haven't been sick since the fall...I think.  It was strange being sick, it was like I'd forgotten what it was like.  It made me have even more empathy for my children when they are sick.

Then all of the kids came and gave me a hug. 

We've all had a cold.  I'm grateful it hasn't been a bad one, the kids seem to have gotten the worst of it, darn it.  We haven't had any illnesses since the beginning of January, so that's pretty good. :)


Later that evening we finally used the Easy Bake oven that Madison had received for Christmas in 2010.  I've never used an easy bake before, it was simple and fun. 



We made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  Bailee stirred the frosting and Madison stirred together the cake mix.  All we had to add was water.

The cake was tiny but tasty.  It was only 4" in diameter.  We cut it into fourths and each got a tiny morsel.  The perfect size for someone on a diet.

Next on the menu: brownies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh, sickness stinks. We've been pretty lucky not to have had anything too bad. The kids have colds right now, but nothing terrible. Your sweet kids giving hugs, they're keepers.

Scott and Svetlana said...

oh, I hear ya about being sick. It it never fun, but getting hugs from little ones is always a good cure :)