Monday, January 9, 2012

Not a Good Combination

My birthday is coming up in a few weeks, I'll be turning 34.  To maintain my youthful appearance, my face has started breaking out.  Along with the zits I notice that I'm getting those fine lines around my eyes among other changes that occur with aging, ugh!  Pimples and lines are not a good combo, not good at all.  I told Jeff I would like to get a facial of some type for my birthday.  He informed me that it might be expensive, I informed him, that I DON'T CARE, it's my birthday.  But of course he and I both know that I will check out a couple of options we have here in Vernal and I'll make sure it doesn't cost too much.  Anyways, back to the breakouts, I don't know what is causing them.  I thought it might be because of Erin, Camilla, and Jolivette, these pretty names belong to the mini pill artificial hormones that I take every month.  The pharmacy keeps changing them up on me, so I'm wondering if that is part of the problem.  I should be switching back to normal birth control pills soon, which help with the breakouts, but alas, Ashton is still nursing, that's another story... 

I also have a mild case of pcos (poly cystic ovarian syndrome), this makes it more difficult but not impossible for me to conceive children, it also gives me oily skin which in turn aids in the zit forming process.  When I was diagnosed with this, I was shocked, it's always shocking to find out there is something wrong with you.  Plus, when I was diagnosed, the doctor called it poly cystic ovarian disease, disease, DISEASE!! I-I-I have a disease?!?  I'm not sure if it's a syndrome or a disease, I vote for syndrome.  I do know it's not contagious, there is no cure and they don't know the cause.  It was a blessing to find out I have pcos.  I had always wondered why my skin was more oily than others.  I thought it was something I was doing wrong, using the wrong shampoo and facial cleaners, washing my hair and face too much or not enough.  It was a relief to find out I wasn't the cause and I just need to deal with it the best I can.  Pcos also causes me to have low blood sugar, which is very helpful to know, now I know I need to eat, drink and be merry more often or I feel very YUCKY! 

Speaking of oil, I recently tried got2b rockin'it encore fresh dry shampoo.  The can says it "tunes up your do and refreshes your hair without washing it so you can rock your style one more day...or more!"  I like it, it smells good and works really well, it's a keeper!




3 comments:

Deanne said...

You are beautiful. I have never once noticed oily skin or breakouts on you. I know what you mean about the lines. Even if we are the only ones that notice them on ourselves, it's a less than pleasant reminder that we no longer have teenage skin. You are youthful and radiant as ever! I hope you get the facial you want and that it makes you feel good.

Unknown said...

I love getting caught up with your family. Deanne is right - you are beautiful!!

Unknown said...

You are so cute, I love reading your posts.