Monday, December 12, 2011

My Favorite Time of Year


We had a nice family home evening lesson last week.  The only bad part was that Jeff wasn't here with us, he was away working.  We missed him, as always.  He works so hard for our family.  We are very blessed to have such a wonderful father and husband to take care of us.  We watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas, which I haven't seen in years.  The movie captured Madison's attention (Bailee's not so much, but a little bit :).  After the movie we bore our testimonies.  Madison went first and began bearing her testimony, she got emotional right away, saying that she misses Jesus and wants to see him again.  She cried for a little bit so I hugged her until she calmed down.  I explained to her that we'll see him again one day, but right now is our time to be on earth to learn and grow.  I told her that's why we read the scriptures, go to church & the temple and pray, so that we can feel close to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I'm thankful that Madison, at this young age, already has a testimony of and love for our Redeemer, Jesus Christ and for our Father in Heaven. 

Tonight for fhe, I'm hoping we're able to reenact The Nativity, as a family.  Madison had requested this, and this thought had already crossed my mind.  I'd better go get working on it. 
~~
There are so many Christmas songs I love.  I especially love the last verse of this song.


Away In a Manger

Away in a manger, no crib for a bed,
The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head.
The stars in the sky looked down where he lay,
The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay.

The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes,
But little Lord Jesus no crying he makes.
I love Thee, Lord Jesus, look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle til morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.
Bless all the dear children in thy tender care,
And take us to heaven, to live with Thee there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a special time of year that's for sure! I am pledging to settle down and enjoy this season celebrating our Savior with my kiddos and hubby. Thanks for sharing your cute moment!