Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Part Deux

This photo was taken in June, 2008

The morning after Thanksgiving (black Friday, blah!), Jeff and I went to the temple.  I renamed it "White Friday" for us.  I love the Timpanogos Temple.  It was the temple we were sealed in and the one we've frequented the most.  I was so tired, Ashton does not sleep well away from home, we're up 3-5 times every night, thankfully he's goes back to sleep quickly.  Anyway, so I was tired and when we got to the temple Jeff realized he'd forgotten his wallet which contains his temple recommend.  Thankfully the temple workers help out forgetful souls and we were able to go in.  We had a wonderful time there!  I love the temple!!! 

After the temple, we went back to my parents house and picked up the kids.  We were so grateful to my family for watching the kids so we could go.  We picked up the kids and went to eat lunch at Macaroni Grill.  I really like the food and atmosphere there.  Unfortunately, the items I order  keep getting changed or removed from the menu, it was still good though.  Bailee loved the chicken, which was awesome!  And Jeff ordered his usual, Chicken Marsala.  We had a great time there!

After lunch we went to the Provo Beach Resort, which is lots of fun!  It's located in Riverwoods along with Macaroni Grill (and lots of other places), very convenient!  The girls love riding the carousel, it's so pretty! 

Like I said, so pretty!

There are lots of activities and things to do at the beach resort.  Jeff and Madison, the brave souls they are, went on this ropes course.  They did sooo good, especially Madison!  I'm glad she didn't inherit my fear of heights.  It was so neat to watch them.

Ashton looking up at Jeff while he was on the ropes.

He was right above us.  His legs were sure shimmyin' and shakin' on parts of the course.  If it were me up there, I would have been crying. 

Our annual gingerbread houses.  This year we opted for the pre assembled ones!

We didn't participate in Black Friday in the wee morning hours but we did go later that evening after Ashton and I got refreshed with a nap.  We upgraded a few of our electronics.

No comments: