Monday, November 14, 2011

Mom


It seems surreal to say this, but last week my mom found out she has breast cancer.  The cancer is in stage 2.  I only know a little about the different stages.  She met with the oncologist last Friday and he said this type of cancer has a 99% success rate with treatment.  That's good news!  She meets with the surgeon tomorrow and should be having surgery very soon.  After that, she'll meet with the radiologist and start treatment.  I know Heavenly Father is watching over us and holding us up right now.  I'm so thankful to have the knowledge of our Father in heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ.  I am forever grateful for their unconditional love for all of us.

These photos are from November, 2010 at my parents home. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for good news! We are so blessed to live during a time when there is so much medical help available to us!!!

Maleen said...

I'm sorry to hear this news about your mom. I agree that sometimes news like this doesn't even seem real. How can it be?

I'm glad that she has an excellent chance of recovery. If she is anything like you, she is fighter. She'll make it through.

Maleen said...

p.s. I LOVE your header photo. Your family is so beautiful.

Unknown said...

I'll just say it--Cancer sucks! That is good news about the treatment. If she is anything like you, she will beat this and be stronger.

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Thank you sweet ladies. :) Gaynelle,when I found out about my mom I thought about you and your mom.