Sunday, November 13, 2011

Angels

I wanted to do this blog post to remember some dear friends of ours.  We haven't kept in touch as much since we've moved and life circumstances have changed, but here are some photos to remember them by.

 I just found out this morning that the mother, Inndia, and two of her little boys, Alex(3 1/2) and Ashton(1), were killed in a car accident yesterday.  They were driving up to Evanston, WY for a birthday party of a friend.  The roads were slick with snow and the rear tires of their van were worn, which contributed to the accident.  The van went off the road landing upside down in a creek.  There was water in the creek which they were submerged under, causing their deaths.  Breaks my heart.


Here are Madison, Bailee and Alex at our house.  (2008)

Here are Madison, Alex and Anthony.  Ashton, their little brother who was also killed, wasn't born at this time.  Their family has been through a lot.  Recently, maybe two weeks ago, Anthony (on the right) badly burned his foot and had to have a skin graft.  Anthony and Alex had gotten up during the night to eat some of their Halloween candy.  They found the lighter used to light the grill (the childproof kind) and started lighting their candy wrappers on fire.  Anthony's pants accidentally caught on fire too.  Alex ran into Inndia's bedroom and told her that Anthony was on fire.  She ran into the living room to find him screaming and rushed him to the hospital.  He's recovering now and will be released to go home this week.  He'll have to relearn how to walk.  (2008)

Here are Thomas and Inndia (and me) working on our gingerbread homes.  Jeff met Thomas when he was working at Best Vinyl.  Thomas bought fencing material from Jeff.  (2008)

Our sweet houses

Here's Inndia holding Bailee.  Inndia was such a sweet lady.  She came to visit me after my brain surgery.  I didn't have a lot of visitors, so it meant a lot to me that she came.  She was so energetic, enthusiastic and kind.  They were very supportive of Jeff when he graduated from UVU.  They were there during the graduation to cheer him on.  They were such good examples of supporting others. (2008)

Here we are at their house one Halloween carving pumpkins.  Too bad we only get to see the back of Thomas, we should have taken more pictures.  They were so nice to invite us over for a bbq and pumpkin carving. (2008)

Here are Madison and Bailee with Alex. (2008)

Inndia holding Ashton, Anthony &Alex sitting together, Thomas holding their baby Ashton. (2010)

Their family came to visit us almost a year ago after our Ashton was born.  They came to see us while we were still in the hospital, they were always so good about that.

I miss their sweet family.  The only condolence is that they are back safely in the arms of our Heavenly Father.  I'm so glad Thomas and Anthony still have each other.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we saw this accident! It's so sad and I'm so sorry for your loss!! Life is so precious! I'm just a couple houses away if you need a shoulder to cry on... :(

Melanie said...

I am so sorry Carrie! What a tragedy. Prayers for Anthony and his dad.

Maleen said...

Wow, I can't believe you knew this family. I'm sorry...they seemed really nice from your pictures. They seem more real on here than on the news.

I'm glad to have a gospel perspective at times like these. Someday they will all be reunited.

Unknown said...

I have been reading alot of facebook posts about this family. That is so sad.

Deanne said...

I saw their story on ksl.com and was sad about it for days and I didn't even know them. I can only imagine how much more difficult it is for those who know them. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope that the dad and son will be able to find some peace through it all. Hugs.