Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Heart U


"I went to the doctor and guess what he told me, guess what he told meee?"  Just kidding, that's a line from a song.  But really, I recently went to see the doctor because I was having heart palpitations.  First it's my brain now it's my heart, ugh!  They've been happening for about 3 weeks now.  Last week I had to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours, I had to sleep with it on, which wasn't bad, but I couldn't shower with it on, which was sorta bad.  It started to get really itchy on the second day of wearing it.  It felt great getting it taken off!

Yes, those are my tighty whities and my whitie stomach, too bad it's not tighty too.

They also did some blood-work to check my thyroid levels.  The nurse called me with the results on Monday and said that there is an extra beat that is occurring in between my normal heart beats.  I'm glad to know that it is really happening and I'm not just imagining it.  The doctor said it should be fine, palpitations are fairly common but that I should get more tests run if it gets worse and maybe should see a cardiologist (ugh!).  I told the nurse, that the day after I turned the monitor in I had at least 20 palpitations that day.  She told me to schedule an appointment, but I think I'll wait a bit.  She did say my blood sugar level was low, so I need to eat more often....could be worse. 
Just in case anything happens to me sooner than I'd like, I've given Jeff a few important instructions.  I asked him to be nice to the kids, to feed them and I told him that I want him to get remarried to nice lady that will take good care of the kids.  I'm also thinking we should get a will in place.  I'm not overly concerned with dying right now, but it makes ya think.  Well, on to brighter posts!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm sure glad you went on to brighter posts..haha This one is a little depressing...I hope you feel better soon!

Deanne said...

Heart stuff can be scary. You will be in my prayers. "Too bad it's not tighty too"...you make me laugh! Hugs.

Maleen said...

I hope you will be okay. Take care of yourself.

But I like your requirements of Jeff. Be nice to the kids and feed them.

Unknown said...

Goodness Carrie, at least you can keep a sense of humor. You will be in my prayers.

Shawn, Ashlee and Addison said...

I'm glad everything seems to be okay and I hope that it stays that way! By the way, your kids are so CUTE!