We've got a little news on the home front. We sold our home and will be moving at the very beginning of March. This all happened very quickly.
On our way home after Christmas celebrations with our families on the Wasatch front, Jeff and I were chit chatting on the drive home. He told me he really thought right now would be a good time to buy a larger home for our family with interest rates being so low, we can get more bang for our buck. He'd talked about this before, but I'd always told him we should wait to move until we get the loan paid off from him going to helicopter training school. But this time when he brought it up it hit me differently and I agreed right away that now would be a good time. :)
We started looking around a little bit on our own and didn't really find anything that we were super interested in. Then I came across a house that's currently be built, it will be finished around Feb. 20. It's by the golf course and is the last home in this neighborhood to be constructed and the last one available. I don't even know how I found this home on any of the realty websites, it's really hard to find. I'm not sure why it's not listed everywhere, but none the less I found it. We went over and looked at it and really liked it, so I contacted a realtor.
We just listed ours last Monday, the 14th, my dad's birthday, and it got put under contract on the 19th. We had two offers, and too be honest, it was difficult for me to have to decline one of them. Jeff was away at work so I had to do this by myself, which didn't help. The people who are buying our home are investors, I'm crossing my fingers that they rent it out to a good family. Anyway, I felt bad having to decline the other offer, that probably sounds lame, but I did. I know how hard it is to find a nice home here in Vernal in that price range. I hope it works out for the other people and they are able to find something nice.
I'm relieved though, that our home sold so fast. The builders of the home we're buying wanted us to have our current home sold by January 31st. Not much time! We did it though, and hopefully things work out for the best. I'm nervous to move to a new neighborhood and have to get to know new neighbors again. We've had bad things happen in the neighborhoods we lived in and I'm scared of what could happen in the new one. It makes me just want to keep to ourselves...we'll see. We also live by some rather large homes, so I'm hoping we won't have a bunch of snobs in our new ward. I don't do well with snooty people.
Wonder if our next door neighbors will miss us at all? We've had a lot of ups and downs with them and their two boys. They left us a disgusting surprise on our front porch the first summer that we lived here. We had had some issues with them and their boys being inappropriate at that time, so, I wouldn't let my girls play with them. We'd gone out to Orem and when we arrived home that night from our weekend away, there was a 32 oz Top Stop cup filled with the neighbors urine. Revolting. Jeff threw the pee through the chain link fence back onto their own yard. I called the police the next day, an officer came to our house and I filed a report. It worked out nicely because the neighbor mom was sitting on her front porch when the officer pulled up.
There are things I'll miss about living here, like our ward, we're going to miss the kind and down to earth friends we have here. I'm also going to miss how close we are to town, it's very convenient.
![]() |
| Alright, good grief, I finally got a picture uploaded. Thanks for the tip Gaynelle, I'm now signed up with Google +. Now I just have to get used to using it. Anyway, here's the house. |
Our new home will be a good fit for us. It has four bedrooms, and three full baths. The main floor has two bedrooms plus the master suite, the kitchen, living room and laundry room. The upstairs has a bedroom/office a bathroom and a bonus room above the garage. The girls are excited to have their own rooms. I'm excited for them too, all of the bedrooms are decent size and have good size closets. I'll get to pick out the finishes soon. I would have never thought we'd be able to have a new home and am very grateful. Maybe at some point, I can post photos!

6 comments:
Holy cow!! That was fast! I'm happy for you. :)
This sound like an adventure already, but hopefully you have good ones ahead. Wealthy people don't always mean they are snooty. We have lots of members in our ward that are pretty affluent and super nice. I hope it's like that out your way too. So exciting!
Noooooooooooo! You can't leave us alone here! No, I'm so happy for you. Sounds like it will be great for you guys. What a blessing. We sure will miss you, though. Hopefully whoever moves in will be as lovely as you.
Oh, thank you Christine, you are so sweet! I'm going to miss you and your sweet family. I really hope whoever moves in here will be good too. It makes me sad to leave.
Congrats on new house. In my mind I always think that selling a house is such a hassle and will likely take long time, but not in you case. Lucky you. Best of luck with moving and with new neighbors.
Post a Comment