| When we went out to Orem a couple of days after Christmas, her right ear got plugged up due to the elevation changes and from having a cold about a week before. Her ear was bothering her so much that we went to urgent care that night and found out it was red and swollen behind the eardrum. We followed the doctor's orders for over the counter meds. She didn't get any better, was vomiting and running a fever. We went to two urgent cares Sunday morning, but they were both packed, had long wait times and lots of people wearing masks, so we left. Her eardrum ruptured on Sunday night, when we were back at home. Poor girl. I'm glad she finally got some relief from the pain, although I'm sad that it got to the point of actually rupturing and that she was in so much pain. We'll have a follow up visit with the doctor in a couple of weeks so he can check her eardrum. She's on the mend now with antibiotics which she hates taking, but for which I'm thankful. |
2 comments:
It's so sad that Madison has been so sick, but I got a little chuckle out of Bailee pretending to be sick so she could be like her big sis. What cute girls!
I'm so glad you had a good Christmas! Sorry I haven't commented for so long. I haven't been able to figure how to comment on blogs through my iphone, but I've been reading your posts through my rss feeder :) Thought tonight I better get on my computer for the first time in weeks :) Sorry Madison was sick! I had an ear infection last year (first one I can ever remember having) and they really are miserable! I am glad she got some antibiotics, but I'm kind of annoyed they didn't give you some the first time you went in and her eardrum ended up bursting! Happy Birthday Jeff! What movie did you end up seeing? We saw The Hobbit in Wyoming and we loved it! It is kind of sad that the holidays are over :(
Post a Comment