Saturday, August 4, 2012

We are now proud owners of....

....a 2 in 1 harness buddy....with leash!  Actually, we're not really proud, but rather a bit embarrassed, but what can you do??

Jeff got an unexpected day off today, so my planning wheels started turning and we (I) decided we should go too....

the Flaming Gorge Dam!  I haven't been here in years and was too paranoid to take the kids, with the height and water factors.

I've been in the mood to try new things, so I decided we'd give it a try with the kiddos.

We had a fun time and all went well!  Even Miss Madison, whose not afraid of heights, was a little nervous with how high up we were.

We went on a good tour of the dam.  Here are Jeff and Ashton walking across the top of the dam towards the elevator.


Here's the room with the generators and what-have-you.  Cool stuff!


Ashton the escape artist, always hard at work.

Looking up from the bottom.  We came down 42 floors in the elevator, Woo Weeee!  Our tour guide told us some interesting stories about women fainting as the got off the elevator due to nerves, etc.

Water leaking through the rock wall.

Little monkeys!

Jeff was a little more embarrassed of the monkey leash than I was.  It was actually handy.  Who cares what others think, right?? 

The swirling, whirling Green River.

Us on the elevator.



The suspension bridge.  The girls thought this was pretty neat!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny. I actually saw a little girl the other day wearing a harness while she was shopping with her mom. So on big bridges and dams, near water, you are definitely entitled to use it. :)

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Ha ha! Thanks Gaynelle!

Maleen said...

Actually, use it wherever. We have a leash too, and I think that at the end of the day, I would rather have a child in tow than the admiration of the masses.

We have gotten some strange looks, but I don't care a bit. I just want to take the same number of children home that I brought in the first place.

Unknown said...

We go over the dam all the time on the way to and from Wyoming but have never thought to stop. You guys are always doing fun things!