Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Doors, Drawers and Drama


It took the cop 4-5 good, hard kicks to break the door down.  I was surprised at how strong the door was!
 
We had an exciting day a couple of weeks ago when two police officers had to come to our house and kick down our bathroom door.  It was so surreal and weird!  Poor Bailee got trapped in the bathroom due to a sticky drawer which is located right by the door.  She tried so hard, but could not get the drawer closed.  I can verify, it is a tough, old drawer.  I've had to give it a good shove or two in the past!  She shouldn't have been in the drawer anyway because it has some of my makeup products in there, all the more enticing. ;-)  One good thing as a result of this, is the drawer got loosened up from the powerful kicks and works much better now!

We had her put soap and lotion on the bottom of it to see if that would help it slide, it didn't.  I tried kicking the door in, but it didn't budge.  I took off the doorknob, which didn't help, but at least we could see her better.  Before that, we could only see her through the tiny crack of the door opening.  Jeff was out of town working and I didn't know who else to call.  Bailee was starting to panic and was crying so I called the police.  It took them longer to get here than I would have liked, it took around 15 minutes.  The female police officer called to ask me what was going on, she didn't understand.  When she got here she was able to see what the problem was.  When I gave them the okay, the male police officer kicked the door in.  Bailee got inside the shower, it's the kind with a door, to stay safe.  It was loud and a little traumatic for all of us.   When the door was finally off, Bailee ran straight into my arms.  She was stuck in there for about 45 minutes, poor girl, it was sooo nice to have her out.

Kids sure do keep us on our toes!


1 comment:

Scott and Svetlana said...

OMG, I hope she is doing fine. Getting stuck somewhere is never fun.