Sunday, August 19, 2012

Straight to My Heart

This is a bit of a silly photo of Jeff eating a biscuit, be he still looks handsome. :-)

Anyhow, this post is about him and a sweet little girl at church.  Today Jeff went to nursery with Ashton.  Ash still needs our presence to feel comfortable in there.  I came in a few minutes later because I needed a snack and I was checking on them.  When I came in, Jeff told me that Lizzy a sweet and beautiful little girl in our ward, who I believe is four, had run up to him, wrapped her little arms around his legs and gave him a Big hug.  We both thought that was super cute.  A few minutes later, I was walking to the other side of the nursery room toward Jeff, Lizzy was over there talking to him as well.  I overhear Lizzy say, "You look like my Josh."  Jeff replies with, "Oh yeah, thanks, whose Josh?"  Lizzy says, " Josh is my dad.....he died."  I looked at Jeff to reaffirm that she said what I thought she'd said.  I instantly started crying, with her sweet little voice and big innocent eyes and with what she'd said, it was just too much.  The feeling went straight to my heart and I had no willpower.  She was looking at me so funny, like she was bewildered as to why I was crying.  I told her it was because she was just so sweet and asked her to give me a hug, more for my comfort than hers.  Lizzy hung around Jeff a fair amount for the rest of the time she was in nursery, she's actually too old to be in there.  When the nursery children went into the primary room for singing time, I went in there to ask Jeff a quick question and Lizzy was sitting next to him and Ashton, she entertained him with her dancing and talked to him.  I'm so glad to have a husband who is kind and sensitive to others.  He told me he almost started crying as well and he confirmed, that I did instantly start crying, ugh! ;-)

I forgot to mention, that Lizzy's father, Josh, was the Bishop of our ward before we moved here.  He passed away rather quickly after being diagnosed with cancer, I don't know what type it was.  I never met Josh, but from what I've seen and heard from others, he was a great person.  He has an amazing family and my awesome vt partner and I get to visit teach the mother and wife of this family.  They do a 5K run/walk every year to raise money and remember Josh.  It's coming up in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too sweet! I almost cried just reading this. We moved in after bishop Graham passed away, too, so I never met him either. It sounds like he was an amazing person. Toni used to be my visiting teacher and I really miss her!

Unknown said...

That is so sweet.