Today is technically the first day of school, but not for Madison. She threw up yesterday evening. We were hoping she would feel well enough this morning, she got all dressed and ready for school, but just felt too queasy. She seems to be getting better, so hopefully she can go tomorrow. She was so disappointed and was crying this morning, when we both decided she shouldn't go. She's so excited to meet her teacher! I hope all will go well tomorrow.
Madison had her first experience of floating the Green River yesterday. I haven't even been river rafting! I hope to go sometime. They floated the A-section, so it was pretty mellow, especially with the rivers being lower this year. :-( She had a fun time with her friend and her friends dad. He's an experienced river guide, but Jeff and I were still apprehensive about her going without us. He assured us he's been down that river at least 2,000 times and has been going on the river since he was a toddler. That helped to calm our fears a bit. She had a great time and a new experience! |
1 comment:
It's hard to let our kids go sometimes... but they'd miss out on so much if we got too protective. :) I think it's great that you let her have that river floating experience. I hope she feels better tomorrow!! That stinks to have to miss the first day of school!
Post a Comment