Monday, August 13, 2012

A Little Hairy

A couple of weeks ago we learned some new hair and makeup techniques for our Young Women's activity. 

I learned how to do the Waterfall Braid and the Snake Braid pictured here on Madison's hair.  I still need practice with the waterfall but it's fun to do!

The Snake braid is fun and easy since it just involves a typical braid with a twist and hiss!!  It's sad because Madison has lost a lot of hair.  When she was sick a little while back with the fever that lasted a week,  a lot of her hair came out during that time, she probably lost 1/4 to 1/3 of it.  :-(  I got a tip from a friend to try a new shampoo and conditioner from Garnier Fructis called Fall Fight.  It's supposed to help save 1500 strands per month.  I hope it helps.

Bailee was posing with her braided hair.

I learned how to French braid just last year, I still need practice with it too.  My girls aren't used to sitting still long enough for me to braid their hair, but they are getting more used to it.  My braiding enthusiasm has been renewed since our actvity.   It's fun to learn these new techniques before school starts.   Yay for school starting, there has been too much fighting lately!  I'm looking forward to Fall weather too!!

I saved the best scariest photo for last. ;-)  I've tried this technique of wrapping my hair around a headband (it's only half way done here) and sleeping with it in, then taking it out in the morning and ending up with curly/wavy hair.  It hasn't worked very well for me, I need to try again. 

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Super cute hair! I'm so glad you're using those new techniques! :) I've got to try that shampoo. I lose too much hair.

Unknown said...

Oh I love that your learning how to do hair. I will have to do that someday too. I know nothing. I've tried the headband thing too and it didn't work so well. When you are an expert, you'll have to give me your tips.