Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Gross! Disgusting!! Ewww!!!

Ugh!!!  Early this morning around 4am I encountered the horror of all horrors!  There I was sleeping in my bed like a little angel, when I feel a little tickle run down my forearm which awakens me.  Bleh!  So, I brushed my arm to rid it of whatever was on me and decide I'd better turn on the light to check where this assumingly tiny bug may have ended up.  I turn on my lamp, and am searching the floor, I can't see anything.  Then, I just happen to turn my head to my left (I sleep on the right side of the bed, if you're laying in bed, just so you know ;-) and look down towards the end of the bed......and there is this largish, spider just sitting there.  Ahhh!  I freaked (inside)!  I couldn't believe this beast had just crawled down my arm.  I'm pretty sure this spider had it's way with me, crawling over me throughout the night, I vaguely remember that ticklish feeling during the night and dreaming about bugs!  Ahhh!  I'm traumatized!  To make matters worse, Jeff had left for work at 3:30am, so he wasn't there to help console me.  I called him and thankfully he answered, he helped calm me down and chuckled at me because I don't normally freak out that much.  Anyways, back to the spider, I left the room to get a shoe to kill it, and a camera, for documentation.  Lo and behold when I get back to the room, guess what???  You guessed it, it was gone!  So, I squeamishly and carefully searched the room....
and when I lifted up the bed skirt, there it was.  Bleeeehhhh!  I worked up some nerve and whacked it with my flip flop and......it disappears!  It had fallen down into the space between the bed frame and mattress, so I had to get a tube of my lip gloss to push it out.  Gag!  I hit it again with my shoe when it was on the floor.


Here lies the dead thing.  No, that's not blood by one of it's legs, just a stain.

I was so jumpy when I was looking for it, I thought it might be one the green ties on the quilt.  Ironically, Madison and I had just been talking about Brown Recluses the other day, I had even made up a song about them.  "It's a brown recluse, it's a brown recluse, it's on the loose....!"  I had also looked up poisonous spiders on the web, ha!  Bleh!  Not a pretty site.  Jeff was going to help me scour the room this evening but he isn't even home from work yet.  I'm planning on sleeping on the couch tonight!  Hopefully there aren't any spidey's under there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so disgusting and now I'm freaked out a little. Thank heavens the pest control guy came today.

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Ha ha! Sorry Gaynelle. I need to call the pest control guy. :)

Maleen said...

Seriously, I get shivers just reading about it. Yuck. I'm so sorry. And I hate finding spiders when the MAN isn't there to kill them. Good for you...doing your own dirty work.