Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm crafty and I know it

I made tissue pom poms for the girls room.  Easy and fun to make!

I also hung a new shelf in the girls bedroom.  Much better than the old one, it was cute, but falling apart and it was a re-gift from one of my relatives.  How do I know it was a re-gift??  Because it had their name and wedding date written on the back, in ink, by the person who gave it to them.  Special! 
Moving on...Madison and I made the bear "Corduroy" who's standing on the shelf, a few years ago.  We drew him on poster board, colored him, cut him out, stapled around the edges and put some stuffing in him.  Good memories :)

I hung two shelves in Ashton's room.  I've enjoyed decorating with the rich chocolate brown in his room, yum!

I hung this picture too, finally.  Exciting, I know.

I found the cute little bucket with the "R" on it at hobby lobby.  I thought it was bizarre that they enter every item that you buy by hand, into their register.  They don't have scanners to scan the bar codes.   

Uh-Ohh!!  This didn't happen from crafting and it's not blood, thank goodness.  It's hot wax that spilled on my arm, on the counter, towel, flat iron, curling iron and splashed my shirt.  I was too impatient and tried to remove the scentsy pot from the outlet while the wax was in liquid form.  I needed to plug in a hair appliance, and felt I couldn't wait for the wax to solidify.  I paid the price!

It gets worse....As I was trying to clean the wax off of my flat iron, I burned myself on the 360 degree plates.  It hurt!  And I got a blister, ouch! 

Oh yes, I'm really not that crafty, as you can see, but it is fulfilling to pretty up the home.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

It's fun to see all the stuff you've been up to! (And I'm super happy to see a family print on your walls. :) Oh, and gotta love the regifts. ;)

Unknown said...

You are little miss crafty. Look at you go girl. I'm still trying to get a family picture up, but I did finally buy a frame. Ouch on the wax, you be careful.

Cindy B said...

Isn't regifting great? But the results look really good! Nice work.