Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Boys Will Boys (and I love mine)


My funny little boy loves to climb everything and scare his mom in the process.  In this photo he's standing precariously on the arm of the couch so he can see into the kitchen.  Big sister Bailee is there to protect him.  I'm so grateful my kids have got each others backs, literally and figuratively speaking.

The dare devil in action.  Dad was standing nearby, to save the day, if needed.


We see this face from Ashton a lot lately.  He makes us all laugh.


He loves chocolate too!

Ash isn't walking on his own yet, but he sure is trying.  He takes steps unassisted and falls on his tush a lot.  He's a tough boy.  He bonks his poor little forehead way too often, it makes me sad.  He doesn't cry from pain frequently, so when he does, we know it really hurt him.  :(  He walks quite fast along the furniture and he crawls really fast too, especially when he wants something of his sister's.

Thankfully all four of the first batch of molars have come through.  He's feeling better and sleeping better now.  I'm sure the next group of teeth will be disturbing us before we know it.  I'm in the process of weaning Ashton right now, which is a bit tough on both of us.  Things are going fairly smoothly with the transition though.  Ash doesn't like milk but he does like formula, which makes things a little tricky.  We're testing out vanilla flavored rice milk right now.  He doesn't seem to mind it, and will sip it.  It's funny how each child is different and things often don't go as planned.  I try not to sweat the small stuff and as long as the kids are healthy and happy, I'm happy.

1 comment:

Scott and Svetlana said...

He is indeed cute little boy!
As for milk, sound a bit like Dominic's thing as well. He won't nurse after his first tooth came (at 9 month), and he won't take formula or regular milk. I was pulling my hair off. Hang in there!