Saturday, July 14, 2012

A look back...


A look back, but not too far back!!  Here's what we were up too on the 4th of July.  I didn't have time to blog about it before I went to girls camp.  Just to let you know, I had an awesome time at girls camp, this was my first time going, ever!  I love the girls we have the pleasure of leading and the leader's I have the pleasure of serving with.  It was a great experience, one I hope I get to repeat next year!!  Jeff did a great job of taking care of the kids while I was away.  I'm grateful he is so supportive in all of the things I do, and always willing to help. 

Here are myself and some friends at the Independence Day parade.
(Left to right: Talton, Jackie, (Liam on her lap), Nicole, Maycee, Kiara, Ryann and me)


After the parade we walked back home (we live pretty close to Main St.) and rested for a little bit.  Then we headed off to Ocean's birthday party, he turned 2 on July 2nd. 

Great property for taking scenic pictures!

We got a photo of a couple of birthday balloons, but no birthday boy.  How lame are we????


The kids and the dad's had fun playing in the canal, the mom's and babies stayed on the shady, covered patio and visited.


Madison had fun on the rope swing.  She mentioned a few times over the next couple days how sore she was from hanging on tightly to the swing.  Sore stomach, back and thighs. 


We had a BBQ later that evening.
 (Notice the girls water jugs, they drink a lot of water, these have come in handy!)


The girls were getting antsy waiting for the fireworks.
They were pretty good about entertaining themselves for a bit.




Jeff was a wee bit scared of me holding the sparkler near him.  I just wanted to light up his handsome face for the photo.  :)



Bailee was super excited for the sparklers!  She really enjoyed them.




3 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm so glad your first experience with girls camp was a good one. :) I love your 4th pics!

Unknown said...

I didn't realize this was your first year! You didn't even go as a youth? I am so glad you had a good time! I am looking forward to hearing about it :)

Unknown said...

That is great you enjoyed YW camp. It's something I seriously dread being called to. I'm kind of a pansy like that.