Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Bailee!!

Tomorrow, July 26th is Bailee's birthday.  She will be 5 years old, wow!  I can't believe she'll be starting kindergarten this year.  Time flies by way too fast. :(

It took some work on our part to get Bailee here.  About two years of trying to get pregnant.  It was a hard time emotionally, for Jeff and I.  We went to a fertility doctor in Springville, Dr. Andrew's and I was pregnant within a month after going to see him.  We were on cloud nine!!  I had a good pregnancy with Bailee, just the normal aches and pains.  I opted for having a v-bac (vaginal birth after Cesarean) with her.  I'd had a Cesarean section with Madison because she was breech.  Bailee was turned the right way and we felt comfortable trying to do a normal delivery with her.  During my pregnancies, I have lots of Braxton Hicks, starting at about 12 to 16 weeks, they are often quite uncomfortable.  About 2 weeks before she was born, I would wake up at around 2 am feeling like I might be in labor, but the feeling would go away.  When her due date came, I wasn't sure if I was in labor or not.  I'd been in more pain then I was on this day, but I felt different, kind of an urgency of sorts. I was going to take Madison to see a matinee that day and I'd put her in the bath.  But, I felt weird, so I called Jeff and told him I felt weird and didn't know if I had the energy to get Madison out of the bath.  He ho-hummed a bit, then his boss spoke up and told him to go home.  Thank goodness!  He came home quickly, got Madison out of the bath and we headed out the door.  We took Madison to the place where my parents work, and we headed to UVRMC in Provo.  I was getting a little cranky and still feeling a strange urgency, but it was still hard to tell if I was in labor.  I wasn't in as much pain as I had been the previous nights and I couldn't tell if I was having contractions.  So, we got to the hospital, got me checked in, hooked to the monitors, put my gown on and got me in the bed.  The nurse checked me and I was at 2cm.  It seemed like they didn't quite believe that I was in labor, what's new??  I've heard this story many times before that the nurses or doctors don't think you're ready to deliver and viola the baby arrives!  Jeff went back down to find a parking spot and while he was gone my water broke.  Ker-splash, I knew right away what had happened but of course, the nurse told me she didn't think it was my water breaking but one of the belts around my stomach moving.  When they looked they saw it had broken and there was meconium in fluid.  After my water broke the contractions got worse real fast, thankfully the anaesthesiologist came in sooner than later and I got a nice epidural.  It worked so well that I couldn't feel anything, they had to tell me when to push, which was kinda weird.  I pushed a few times and Bailee was out.  Even though I couldn't feel much, I remember feeling a great relief once she came out.  They took her away pretty quickly and got her lungs cleaned out, she was just fine.  It was a really good, easy delivery, I arrived at the hospital at noon and had her at 3-- pm.  Dr. Rees delivered her and did a great job, he's very nice and mellow.  She weighed 8 lb. 2 oz.,  my largest baby.

We're leaving this evening to go to Orem to do a few fun summer activities. On Bailee's birthday we are going to the Lindon Aquatics Center.  We all really enjoy this place.  Bailee is pretty excited!!  On Friday we're going to The Provo Beach Resort, which is a surprise for the girls, they love it there, Ashton likes it a lot too.  Saturday we're going to visit Grandma and Grandpa Redford.  I know one of the gifts they are getting for Bailee is the girl from Brave (I don't remember her name), which will be great since we just saw the movie and loved it.  Bailee laughed a lot!! 

4 comments:

Maleen said...

Happy Birthday to Bailee. And I love Dr. Rees. He is pretty easy going. And I love birth stories. Thanks for sharing Bailee's.

Mindy said...

I love that cute Bailee! Happy Birthday!

Scott and Svetlana said...

Happy B-day to Bailee. Sounds like really busy schedule you have there :) but I'm sure it will be really enjoyable :) have a great time!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Bailee! She really is a cutie & it was fun to read her birth story!