Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fingers are crossed...

I'm happy to report that this spot on the couch, has remained Madison-free 50% of the time today.  Yay! 

Madison has felt miserable and has had a fever on and off (mostly on) since Monday (the 25th) evening.  The main symptom she had was a fever, up and down it went, the highest it got was 103.7.  We went to the doctor three days in a row.  They ran all kinds of tests, and they all came back with negative results.  We did learn from the tests that Madison's white blood cell count was quite low, so the doctor put her on an antibiotic to help keep her resistant to any infectious stuff she might come across.

She broke out in a rash yesterday, thankfully it didn't get too bad and is mostly gone today.  Did I mention she absolutely hates the antibiotic??  She does.  I finally came up with the solution of putting it in milk with a lot of chocolate syrup.  It helped, she and I were sooo relieved!

She thought this photo of herself was hilarious.  You can see a bit of the rash under her eye.

I'm so relieved she's starting to feel better.  She woke up with a temperature of 100.1 instead of 102.9 like it had been the other mornings.  It's so nice to feel her forehead and have it feel cool, not blazing hot.  It's tough seeing children stuck inside feeling yucky when they should be out playing and having fun, it goes against the laws of nature.  I can't even imagine the stress and weariness of having to deal with this long term, like some parents do with chronically ill children...heartbreaking.

Notice anything out of the ordinary in the photo??  Unbeknownst to Ashton, his lollipop from the clinic was stuck on his pants.  This boy was a handfull for me yesterday.  He gagged himself with his hands and made himself throw up a bit on his shirt, he likes to do that, ugh! :-/  He also fell, dove, and slipped under the water like five times in 30 seconds in the little pool in our backyard.  I was right there watching him, but he about gave me a heart attack.  I brought him inside and he cried about not being able to play in the pool, but he was just too scary (fearless) in there.

4 comments:

Cindy B said...

I'm glad Madison is feeling better! It's so scary when their temperature goes so high. I hope everyone else stays well!

Miss seeing you around!

Scott and Svetlana said...

I'm SO glad Madison is doing better. High fever is not fan at all, or any sicking stuff in that matter.
Ashton is so fearless and so grown up. :)
Hugs to you!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Thanks sweet ladies. :) I miss you guys too.

Unknown said...

Poor Madison. Hopefully this stays away from the rest of your fam.