Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Activities

This summer Madison is trying out tennis for the first time.  She's really been enjoying it!  She and I played tennis in our driveway last week.  It's a really fun sport, too bad we just can't keep the ball in play for longer.  I'm sure we'd do better on real courts. ;)  We'll have to try it some time.

It's fun to watch the kiddos do activities that they like.

Jeff took all of these photos last Wednesday (the 6th).  He should have been at work that day, but I had to ask him to take the day off to help look after the kids.  I was having some major shoulder/neck pain and needed to go see the doctor.  Turns out I was have back spasms in three different areas on my shoulder and neck.  If you've ever had a stiff neck, it feels like that, times 10!  This happens to me from time to time, seems to be a weak point in my body.  Thankfully now I have some muscle relaxers to take when I need it, although the pills make me quite tired, so I only take a small nibble before bed.

Jeff was great to ask for the day off and tote the kids around to their activities.  They enjoyed spending some time with Dad as well.

Here's cute Bailee at her swim lesson.  This is the first time Bailee has taken swim lessons.  She is the child towards the top of the photo, against the wall.  I've been really impressed with the swim coaches and swim program at the rec center!  Next month Madison and Bailee will do another session of swim lessons.  Bailee is doing much better with putting her face in the water.  Today they wore life jackets and jumped off of the diving board into the water with the coach waiting to catch them.  Bailee was pretty nervous at first, but she did it and had fun!! I was proud of her for working through her fear.

Don't ask me whose in this picture???  Just kidding, Bailee's in there, trust me.

Here's Mister Ashton watching the action!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Aubrey has been loving teaching swim lessons! Too bad she doesn't get to teach your kids. :) All the teachers do a good job, though... they go through a whole lot of training. :)

The tennis stuff sounds like fun!

Deanne said...

I haven't been up on reading blogs lately, but I just took a few minutes to catch up on all of your family's adventures! We miss you guys around here! It looks like your summer is off to a great start.

Unknown said...

How fun to do tennis lessons. I took the kids to the park the other night (it's the only time we can go, it is so HOT) and saw kids doing tennis lessons and thought how fun. You are good to get the kiddos in things this summer. I completely slacked on that one.