Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pretty Great Mother's Day!

I had a great Mother's Day this year.  Jeff and Madison started off the day making pancakes for us/me.  They did a great job, the pancakes were yummy!!

They got me some beautiful roses.  They smell so sweet!  Madison picked them out.  Didn't she do a great job?!

It's too bad Madison wasn't feeling very well today.  Due to Madison not feeling well, we didn't go to church, I'm sure some of us could have gone, but it was nice to all stay home together.  I did miss the sweet and uplifting Mother's Day talks that are usually given on Mother's Day.  I missed being with the girls and leaders in YW's as well. 

Here's my sweet Bailee.  She's putting an ice pack on one of her boo-boo's.  My children get bumps, bruises and scrapes so often, it's hard for me to keep track.  Jeff and I sound like broken records, "Be careful....be careful....be careful." 

My handsome Ashy.  He gave me the longest, sweetest hug first thing this morning.  It was great, I cherished it!

Jeff was actually able to be home this weekend and this Mother's Day, he more often than not, is working on Mom's Day.  He went back to work last Wednesday, but found out on Friday that he's not allowed to work until he gets a release letter from the doctor, which he'll be getting tomorrow.
My mom got me this gorgeous flower arrangement.  She always does too much!

We had a spur of the moment Mother's Day BBQ, all Bailee's idea!  Pretty great idea, Bailee!


3 comments:

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

What a sweet Mother's day your family gave you. I missed you at YW, but glad you had such a good day. Love!

Mindy said...

Those roses are gorgeous. That pic of Ashton is adorable. The talks weren't about mothers... they were good, but just normal sunday talks, so no worries there. ;) Missed you!

Unknown said...

How nice to spend the day at home. Sometimes you just need that. Glad you had a great Mother's Day, you deserve it!