Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Our Trip

Here we are by the pool.

We had a nice time in Las Vegas last week.  The kids traveled well and slept pretty good at the hotel, which helps a lot.

We spent as much time as we could in the pool.  There was also a hot tub, only people 18 and older were allowed in it.  The girls were ticked about that!  I was secretly happy to have a kid free zone to myself every now and then, hee hee!

Madison has become quite a good swimmer.  She kept herself and us entertained doing front and back flips. 

This is the view of the pool from our room. 

The kids really enjoyed playing in by the window in our hotel room.  It offered a great view!


We visited our friends, The Ryan's, they live in Henderson  We know them from when we all lived in the same neighborhood in Orem.  It was a toasty 106 degrees that day, it cooled down later in the week though.  It was great to see their family and grab a shaved ice with them!  (We should have taken this photo earlier in our visit when Gaynelle's oldest son, Cody, was around and her youngest child, Ella, hadn't gone down for a nap yet.)

The kids love staying in hotels!

Jill and Justin got married on May 24th at The Valley of Fire.  They looked great!  It was a really nice ceremony.  I loved the red rock background.

Jill supplied umbrellas and fans for us to keep cool with.  It was pretty warm there.  It was around 82 degrees but it felt more like 92 degrees.  The road to and from the park felt a little like a roller coaster, I enjoyed it, it actually relaxed me, unfortunately it left Bailee and Jill feeling motion sick. 

After the ceremony, we drove back to Vegas to The Cheesecake Factory for a luncheon.  Ashton vomited right before we got to the restaurant.  Poor little guy.  We had to stop at a trendy little store to buy him a new t-shirt.  They were asking $32 for a t-shirt for an 18 month old, I don't think so!  I searched through a pile of clearance clothes till I found one for $12, which was still plenty, if you ask me.  We thought Ash had gotten sick from the heat and the bouncy drive, but I think he actually had a stomach virus, thankfully it didn't last long.  After he vomited, he fell right asleep in his car seat and felt much better when he woke up.  We had a nice lunch at the restaurant, yummy food!

During our travels to Vegas we stopped at this petting zoo next to a gas station.  There were some cool animals there; a zebra, alpaca, a cow, mule, a deer, 2 ostrich, miniature sheep and goats, a turkey, miniature ponies, emu....

We went bowling at South Point.  Of course Ashton was a handful and running all over the place.  He kept trying to run out on to the slippery lanes.  It was a bit of a relief to have the bowling trip over with.  We had a pretty good time there though.

Here's a photo of the bride and groom in the hotel lobby.  I really like Jill's dress, she did a great job putting everything together (along with Justin's help).

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like such a great time! Poor Ashton. :( I'm so glad everything (mostly) went well and that you had a good little vacation!

Unknown said...

It does look like a fun trip! Glad you got to get away for a bit! And my kids get sick almost EVERY time we go somewhere. Once, a few years ago we actually had to cancel and rebook our tickets home because we were all so sick with a 72 hour stomach flu. Isn't that just typical of life with kids?

Maleen said...

Congrats to Jill. What an interesting place to get married. It looks like your whole trip was one big adventure. And how fun that you got to see Gaynelle and her family.

Unknown said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Jill's dress is so pretty. I'm sorry about Ashton. I'm sure it was Talon's fault cause he had the stomach flu Wednesday and Thursday. I cleaned and Lysoled everything.

rustfamily said...

So glad you guys had a great time! You stayed at our favorite hotel, we stay there every time we go to Vegas. We miss seeing you guys! :)