Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hallelujah

Hallelujah, I'm back.... pretty much. (It sure is hard to think and type up a post with Suze Orman yakking in the background) You probably didn't know I was gone, but I was, with the stomach flu. It started Thanksgiving morning. I wasn't feeling the best on Wednesday, I didn't have much of an appetite that day, but I didn't think too much of it, little did I know what was lurking around the corner. So, no Thanksgiving dinner for me, I had Saltines crackers instead. Jeff and the girls went over to my parents house while I stayed home, layed on the couch and watched two Little House on the Prairie Christmas shows on dvd, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and part of The Incredibles. I wish I could have been with my family, but hopefully there will be more Thanksgivings to come. Poor Jeff started coming down with it Friday, but we're both doing better today. We still don't have much of an appetite, I told him this is what it feels like to be pregnant, with the queasiness.

I feel bad because we were supposed to help my sister move, but we couldn't even do that. This next week will be catch-up week on all the stuff I couldn't do the past few days. Actually it's not too much, I'd just really like to get the bathrooms cleaned and Christmas decorations put up. Our neighborhood has been totally on the ball this year getting their Christmas decorations up. (Come on Jeff, we gotta keep up with the Jones'). We did get our Christmas tree put up today, it was quite easy since it's pre-lit. Madison wanted to get out all of the decorations but I didn't have the strength for it. I hope the tree can survive Bailee this year.

5 comments:

Emilie said...

That sounds horrible! I am glad you are feeling better. How is the job hunt for Jeff, Skyler might know of a few jobs. Just let me know.

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Still hunting.

Cindy B said...

I didn't know you were sick. I hope you're feeling better now!

Maleen said...

I'm so sorry. I only had one day of yuck and it was after Thanksgiving, but I never wish that on anyone.
Too bad you aren't in my neighborhood. It takes us forever to get our outside lights on. Then again, both my neighbors have theirs up.

Wright Family said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. The flu hits hard and awful. Lucky for us we haven't had it, keep our fingers crossed we don't get it. We don't have lights on outside but my kids keep telling me should since Sarah has their lights up. I just don't see the point since no one comes down this way.