Your not going to believe this but we had to go back to Instacare last night. Actually, Jeff and Madison were the ones that went. After dinner Madison started complaining that her left ear was hurting. I looked in her ear canal with a flashlight, couldn't see much. We rinsed it out with warm water and vinegar and I gave her two children's Tylenol pills. Nothing was helping, and her squealing was getting more intense. I've heard that blowing smoke in a hurting ear helps it to stop hurting for some reason. Probably some old wives tale, anyhow I thought we could give it a try, but we couldn't find any matches. I'm quite sure we have some in our 72 hour kits, but by this point we'd decided she'd better go see a doctor otherwise she, Jeff and I would be having a miserable night. So, about 8:30 they headed off to Instacare. They were gone for at least 2 hours, it took stinkin' forever. And of course while they were gone I heard some odd loudish noises coming from our backyard. So, I got spooked and was really hoping they'd get home soon. They finally got home about 10:30 or so. Her ear was infected (actually the doctor said it was red and angry) and they rinsed a truck load of earwax out of it too. Okay, not really that much, but there was a fair amount. So, we got her started on the meds and we all went to bed.
She's doing better today, her ear hasn't been hurting and her lip is shrinking although the white cap on it is becoming more conspicuous. Madison did have one more adventure this morning. While I was making her breakfast she managed to get a tiny little fan with foam blades caught in her hair. It was so knotted up I just had to cut the section of hair out. Luckily it wasn't much hair and near the bang area so it blended right in. I'm hoping we have a boring weekend.
She's doing better today, her ear hasn't been hurting and her lip is shrinking although the white cap on it is becoming more conspicuous. Madison did have one more adventure this morning. While I was making her breakfast she managed to get a tiny little fan with foam blades caught in her hair. It was so knotted up I just had to cut the section of hair out. Luckily it wasn't much hair and near the bang area so it blended right in. I'm hoping we have a boring weekend.
Here's a picture of Madison's hair after I cut the knot out. Doesn't look too bad. Ha! just kidding.


3 comments:
Yep, the foam fan and the hair thing...we've done that several times.
And at least older kids can tell you when their ears hurt. With the younger ones, you have to wait until they don't sleep the whole night and then you think maybe they have an ear infection.
No fun either way though.
Friday is a bad day at the Instacare. We took Ellen in recently on Saturday night to the ER and we waited almost 3 hours to see someone. It was horrible.
I hope you guys get all healthy! You could use a break!
sorry about the ear :( and the hair :( saw you on Deannes blog... hope you don't mind me stopping by, and since I am here:
I'm stacey... tag, you are it!
Post a Comment