Thursday, November 13, 2008

So, Carrie what do you do all day, sit around eating Bon Bons?

I wish. No,that would get boring and I'd get chubby. But here's what we've actually been doing the past few days. As expected Jeff is searching for a job, not an enjoyable task. I do have a bit of good new though, we finally got our new computer stand, it was an early Christmas present from my parents. It has aided in Jeff's job searching and I really like having the computer out in the family zone.

Here's a pic of little munchkin with the new desk.



Sunday night we rushed off to Instacare with Bailee who had a temperature of 104.1. She was so hot. She'd had a fever on and off since Saturday afternoon and all she wanted to do was sit on my lap, which is not like her. The doctor couldn't figure what was wrong with her, how comforting. The lymph nodes were enlarged in her groin area so that meant she had some type of virus/infection. So, they took a urine sample after inserting a catheter. Yeah, so I was stressed out and Bailee sure didn't enjoy one bit of it. The doctor said we'd have to just wait and see. Finally, on Tuesday the fever broke and the spots came. She had Roseola, Madison had had it at about the same age, so at least I was a bit familiar with it. Bailee is feeling better now. Phew...

The Rash



Wednesday Jeff and Madison went to the dentist, they both needed to get some work done. Madison got a cavity filled, so they numbed the right side of her mouth. After they finished her filling Madison was sitting there waiting for Jeff to get finished up. Apparently she was hungry or something 'cause she starting gnawing on her numb lip. I don't think she realized how hard she was biting since there was no feeling. Here's a picture of the results. I was afraid we were going to have to go to Instacare again last night, but the dentist called and told us to give her ibuprofen and put ice on it. This is a picture of if from this morning. Sorry if anyone is squeamish. The dark specs on her teeth and mouth are left from her Cookies & Cream Pop Tart, I should have brushed her teeth first.

The Mouth

So, these are a few of the biggies we've been dealing with this week. Life is rarely boring.

4 comments:

Maleen said...

Ouch and ouch!
Where is your glass case? Did you move it into the bedroom? I really like your new computer set up. It will be nice to close it up.
I'm sorry about Bailey's fever. It gets so scary when it is high like that. Thank goodness it broke.
Poor Madison. June would probably do the same thing, but luckily she had no cavities on her last visit. Phew.

Brooke said...

Wow, never a dull moment! I'm so glad things turned out so well with that fever. Scary stuff.

Cindy B said...

Poor girls! I remember roseola. It was not fun, but at least it doesn't last too long. Hope that they are both feeling better.

Melanie said...

Wow, I'm glad they figured the fever out, that can be scary. Our week has been boring compared to yours!