Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gross me out the door!

I hate to even say it........ earwigs, gag !  Yep, that would be them, I hate earwigs.  If I were to meet a human-sized earwig I could honestly tell him/her, "I think you're disgusting, I hope you die!"  Harsh, I know.  That wouldn't really happen though, if I saw one that large, I'd be freaking like you've never seen me freak before, and not in a good way!  I have noticed that Vernal seems to have a plethora of "them" (I often use the word "plethora" in my mind, but this is the first time I've ever actually used it).  I'm afraid if they scraped off the top layer of earth we would literally be floating on top of "them".  They think they own the place, they have an attitude and I don't like it.  I have two stories involving "them".  I hope to only have two stories during the entire span of my life, to share about "them". 

Story # 1.  When I was a kid, we had a pool we'd put in our backyard every summer.  I had a nice tan going  because I played in the pool so much.  Well, one day my sister and I had been playing outside in the pool, we had our nice smelling, Downy softened, beach towels out there with us.  Little did I know.....an unwanted visitor hitched a ride on a towel and come inside our home.  I did not discover this, until late that night while sleeping.  There I was was lying on my back, asleep in my bed, when all of the sudden, I feel a bug crawling down my face, needless to say, it woke me up!  I freaked out and started smacking myself in the face!  It was a fast little bugger, it got all the way down my neck and was headed down my pajama top!  It's amazing how hard we can hit ourselves when bugs are involved.  I jumped out of bed and pulled my pj's off and eventually found the "thing".  Ewww!  Thank goodness it didn't crawl into my nose or mouth! 

The victim
 (There's no way I'm posting a picture of you-know-who!)
 Story # 2.  One day I was at a friends house lying on the floor watching TV.  An earwig crawled up my leg, I was wearing shorts, and it pinched the back of my thigh.  It hurt, I was annoyed and a little freaked out. The End.

3 comments:

Maleen said...

You are so funny. I was thinking if I saw a huge earwig, I wouldn't stop to talk to it, and neither would you :)

My best earwig story was at the first house I remember. My sister and I were playing in the front yard and we turned over this old box in the dirt. There was a whole nest of earwigs underneath that came scuttling out. We went screaming for the door but we were both too short to get it open, so we yelled and banged on the door until someone rescued us.

I am not a fan either, although I have never been pinched by one. Ouch!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha I love your stories!

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

They are so nasty! Call Omega Pest Control. It's only like $65 to have them spray and if you find any bugs in your house within three months of spraying, they come back and will spray again for free. I had them spray and kept finding earwigs and spiders and they came back and sprayed again. Trust me, it will be the best thing you ever do.