Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Uh-Oh, It's Michael....

This past Saturday we went to the new Kohl's here in Orem. I must say that store looked pretty good (as it darn well should since it's brand new) all clean and organized. So, we were looking around, I was actually looking for Halloween pj's for the girls, but they didn't have any. We split up into to teams to look at different things, so Jeff and Madison were together and Bailee and I were together. Bailee and I were in the girls section when lo and behold I look up and there's Michael walking down the main isle pushing his baby in the stroller with his wife and other child coming behind.

Here's some background on Michael. I worked with him at Shopko about 9 or 10 years ago. Michael was kind-a infatuated with me. He was a nice guy, but a bit different. He liked to wear a long trench coat and dark sunglasses, I think pretty much year round and he was tall, so it was noticeable. But we were friends, I didn't dig him the way he dug me, but he was usually nice and I was nice, so we were friends. I had another guy friend that worked there too, his name was Geoff and he liked me, in that way, but once again I only liked him as a friend. I worked with Michael and Geoff quite a bit especially during the evening/closing shift. They didn't get along with one another (love triangle jealousy I suppose). They were usually fairly close by and I often had the feeling they were watching me. Well, one day my suspicions were confirmed when the Security Guy wanted to talk to me, and told me that they had been keeping an eye on Michael and Geoff via the security cameras and that they were pretty much stalking me and to let them know if I wanted them to do anything about it. I was a little surprised but I didn't have them do anything. Even when I quite Shopko and went to work at the Hallmark store in the Prove Town Centre, Michael would still come visit me. Once Jeff came into the picture Michael finally backed off.

So, there I was at Kohl's and I see Michael go walking past with his dark sunglasses on, I just stared at him and his family like they were a parade walking by. He didn't look at me, but I had the feeling he had already seen me. Who knows. I was done looking at the clothes and Michael, so I called Jeff on my phone and we met up at the front of the store. I told him who I'd seen and that I was ready to go. It was weird being back in a store setting with Michael there. I just had the feeling he was watching me again.

I bet some of you pretty ladies have had stalkerish
experiences.

5 comments:

Maleen said...

That is funny and creepy at the same time.
It doesn't surprise me in the least that you had two stalkers at the same time :)

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

You are silly. Maybe I'm a stalker magnet, scary.

Melanie said...

Too funny, Carrie! I think you need the song that's on my blog to go with this post. It's "Somebody's Watching Me" by Rockwell. It goes perfectly!

Wright Family said...

It's nice to know that you had stalkers too. Mine was when I was in high school.

Cindy B said...

Sorry about the creepy guy thing. At least he backed off when Jeff came.