Thursday, October 16, 2008

Spookie Ookie Saturday

As you can see I finally got a new background. Thanks for your help Maleen. I had a hard time figuring that one out on my own. Now I can change it with the seasons and holidays.

So, last Saturday was a spooky day for me, but it was fun too. We started out the day going to our Ward Talent Show. I helped Madison make some pumpkin bread for her talent. She did a good job cracking the eggs and mixing all the ingredients together. After the talent show we went to Arctic Circle, we hadn't eaten out in a while and it was sounding good to me, plus Madison wanted a cool Halloween flashlight, so we went to "where the good stuff is". After we came home and had lunch Jeff and I rested on the couch while Madison watched The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and Bailee took a nap.

I was in the Halloween mood that day, so I decided I wanted to read a scary story to Jeff, I was hoping to really scare him. So, while Madison and her friend were playing I read Jeff a story about this girl who woke up one night and went and looked out her bedroom window. Ironically she lived right by a cemetery, and she saw something that looked like two green eyes coming through the dark, up the hill from the cemetery, to her house. It got closer and closer and looked sort of like a man but with bright green eyes. So, it finally came right up to her window, it had a shrunken face that looked like a mummy. It broke her window and crawled in, then it grabbed her and bit her neck, she screamed and passed-out. Her brothers heard her scream and came into her room but the thing was gone. She was sure it wouldn't come back, but it did and did the same thing again, but this time the brothers shot it in the leg. Anyways, long story short, they ended up finding the vampire in its coffin, so they took it out and burned it up.

While I was reading the story it didn't scare me, but Bailee wasn't feeling the best that night and woke up at around 3 AM. So, of course when everyone else is asleep and the house is quiet and dark, what do I start thinking about, Mr. Mummy Vampire. I was rocking Bailee in her room right next to the window. I didn't even dare look out the window, knowing who would be out there staring at me.

Earlier that evening we had some hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream, it was way good. Then we went driving around looking for houses that were decorated for Halloween. They were few and far between but we saw a few good ones. We drove around in the million dollar neighborhoods in North Orem/Lindon. I can't even believe these houses, how can people have so much money. One of the houses had a life-size witch on the from porch, there was a wooden sign that said, "Nice Pumpkins", The witch had a low-cut dress with pumpkin cleavage showing. It was funny, and very realistic looking, for a witch with pumpkin boobs.

It was a fun Halloweeny day.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Hee hee. That's why I can't read scary stories either...

Maleen said...

Hey, I love your background ;)
I can't watch scary movies for that reason. A few years back I used to watch 'Medium' but it was the last thing I saw before going to bed and I had TERRIBLE nightmares. I gave that up quickly.

Unknown said...

I'm so like you. I couldn't even try to spook Scott, it would backfire for sure.