Monday, October 10, 2011

The Hives That Wouldn't Quit

This face breaks my heart
2nd day of hives.

Ashy ended up getting the same stomach flu bug that big sis Bailee had. The good news was the vomiting ended within a few hours, the bad news was the hives!  His body reacted to the sickness by producing hives.  Madison had the same reaction to certain illnesses when she was younger, otherwise I would have been really worried.  We did make a visit to urgent care though.


They went on and on for days. It's been over a week now, all of the hives are gone but now he has a few scabs on his ankle and wrist from the hives getting so bad in those areas.

Jeff was looking through the photos on our camera the other day.  He said, "Bailee why did you take a picture of Ashton's diaper?"  Bailee had been playing with the camera.  I told him it wasn't Bailee it was me who had taken the photo.  

I'm so relieved we are through with that illness.  This poor little boy handled it pretty well, better than any of the rest of us would.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! I would have freaked! So glad he is feeling better!

Deanne said...

Poor little buddy! That is so sad. I hope the illness stays far away from your house.

Maleen said...

That happened with Daisy and I was freaked out. I had no idea that some viruses cause hives along with an illness.
I'm glad he is feeling better, but that is sure hard to watch on your baby.