Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Our Little Girl's Growing Up

My friend and photographer, Mindy Smith, took these beautiful photos of Madison right before she started 4th grade.  Mindy and I also serve in Young Women's together, she is our inspiring YW's President.  Mindy definitely captured the essence of Madison in these photos.  Madison is beautiful through and through. 


Madison has a natural and easy style in front of the camera. 
 I envy that ;)


Mindy was sweet to take a couple of photos of Bailee as well.  Just looking at this photo makes me laugh.  Bailee has such a fun personality.  I love her big brown eyes and heart shaped face!


A few weeks ago, I noticed that Madison's voice had changed, it seemed to happen overnight.  I actually think it's been slowly happening but it recently became more noticeable.  I looked in her mouth to check her tonsils, and saw that they were very large.  After ruling out mono and strep throat with tests, we took her to see an Ear, Nose, Throat Specialist last week.  Now, when the e,n,t specialist says, "Holy crap, those are big tonsils!" it's a bit startling.  I was relieved that he told us she definitely needs to have them removed.  It will be much better for Madison having those big boys out.  Speaking of boys, the doctor said she'll have a higher pitched girly voice once again, after having them removed.  So, she'll be having a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy (big words!)  in a few weeks.  I'm a little nervous about Madison having her first surgery. 


4 comments:

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

LOL, they must be big if the ENT says that! I'm glad he is taking them out, even though it does me surgery. Let me know if you need me help out with the other kids when the time comes.
The pictures Mindy took are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

haha Did you go to Dr. Catten? I can see him saying that!! I noticed her voice was different too. She will feel so much better when they are gone! We will have to bring her some ice cream or something.
I looooooovvvvvvve the school pics! You have some gorgeous kiddos!
I waved at Madison as she was walking into school today! I hope she has a better day today!! Geez sorry about writing so much!

Maleen said...

Good luck. The first few days are rough, but she will get through them. I wonder where she will fall on the scale. It is easier on people when they are young, but she doesn't seem too old yet. I hope it goes smoothly. Stock up on Popsicles and yogurt now. Ivory really liked frozen go-gurts.

Unknown said...

Be glad it's happening now and not when she is older. Talon had his out a few years ago and recovery was so much faster. Good luck Madison.