
A couple of days ago Madison showed me how loose her tooth was. I told her to keep wiggling it and it would be ready to come out soon. I was thinking it would be a few days, but no, that night in bed she twisted it and pulled it out. This is the second set of sheets she's gotten blood on from her nocturnal tooth pulling. I was just heading to bed that night when I remembered, "I need to get a dollar out of my purse." Unfortunately I didn't have one, so I ended up having to take a dollar from Madison. So, here I am, tooth fairy mom, sneaking into Madison's room to find her wallet, she had a few crisp dollar bills so I tried very quietly to get one out. Then I had to find the tooth, in the zip lock bag, under her pillow, but she has two pillows and it wasn't under the pillow she told me it would be under. Luckily I found it under the other pillow without too much trouble. It's always during those few moments of searching under the pillow that I have the urge to burst out laughing. I put the dollar in its place and snuck out of her room. Phew! The next morning I got up and peaked in her room to see if she was awake, she was, so I opened the door and she started punching her bed. I said, "What is wrong with you?" and she told me there was no dollar. So, I searched and found it had fallen between the wall and bed. You know, it's kinda fun having to be these mythical figures (Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, etc.), but it's kinda not. btw, I'll secretly pay her back when I get a dollar.
4 comments:
I love it. I bet I could use June's allowance and she wouldn't even notice. Although, I don't even know if I am paying her next time if she swallows the darn thing.
I think that is one of the hardest jobs in being a parent--the toohfairy. Lets just say I am not good at it and neither is the Hubs. lol Fun story!
Ryan knows its me yet still we go through the charade, last time right before bed he called me in as he was tucking it under his pillow and said, "Mom, don't forget 'you know what'!"
That is about the funniest thing ever. I can't count how many times I have to borrow money from the kids.
Post a Comment