Thursday, July 2, 2009

Just Catchin' Up

Here's some of the things that have been going on during the past few months. I should be better and post things as they happen. Oh-well.


What in the world is that? That little green thing on the brick is a baby praying mantis. I've never seen one that small. It was so cute.



We went to an aircraft show at the Provo airport. Jeff and the girls are standing in front of a
B-17 Bomber that my Grandpa Litton flew in WWII. It was cool to see it in person. It's kinda strange seeing all the guns on there, I can't imagine being in a war shooting at people. But I guess if that's what ya gotta do, that's what ya gotta do.




Madison and her dance class after the parade. Can you spot Madison?



Here is Madison performing a dance(cheer) routine in the Provo Children's Parade. She absolutely loved it. We were so proud of her. Her dance class took first place out of all the parade entries. So fun!


Here is a picture of Madison (the one with a blue belt) and Emma (next to Madison) at Madison's first dance performance. They were supposed to do the performance in the park, but it was raining pretty hard so it was moved into their dance studio. They did a cute routine with silver and red pom poms to the song "God Bless America". In this picture they are trying to hold their back bends for one minute. They also work on cart wheels, sommer saults, and doing the splits both directions, among other things. This is Madison's first dance class, it's fun to see the progress she has already made.




This was the first year we've planted broccili. It's cool to see it growing. I planted it on the north side of our house and with the weather being cooler this year, it's coming along nicely.




Madison, Bailee and their friends: Emma, Kyla(not in the picture) and Lily eating Otter Pops and playing in the pool.



Here's a picture of Bailee and Sarah's girls (Kyla & Lily) driving the Barbie jeep in our backyard. They were having some difficulties and ran into the fence, peach tree and over the top of some of my flowers. No permanent damage was done.



Here's a bunch of the kids smooshed in the kiddie pool at the swim party. I didn't have our larger pool pumped up and ready to go yet. Thankfully they were good sports and all seemed to have a good time.



This is a picture of Kari's newborn baby. We had a swim party in our backyard and they came over. The swim party switches to a different house in the neighborhood every week. It's been fun.




The pretty little plant arrangement I made. I love doing stuff like that. I also painted our front door red. Redford=Red door. I think it looks pretty good. I'll post a picture some time.


Here I am resting on the bench near the playground. I love camping, but sleeping on the ground is just not the same as being in your own bed. I got bruises on my hips from the hard ground, next year we'll be bringing air mattresses. Don't Madison and Isabelle look like sweethearts?

Madison and Jeff on the playground at the ward campout. The weather was nice and cool and even better, no mosquitos. We didn't bring Bailee with us, my mom was nice enough to watch her. We had a fun, relaxing time.



Here we are at our Ward Campout. We're in line for Sno Cones, thanks to Brother Johnson. I'm holding a friends (Kellie's) baby. She likes me :)



If you look closely, you'll see that Bailee dressed herself. I hope she doesn't get upset with me for posting this picture of her cute tush. At least it's semi-covered.



Here are Madison and Bailee on Madison's last day of 1st Grade. Madison was not happy about school getting out for the summer. She cried quite a bit on this day. She loved her teacher and her class so much. It took a couple of days for all of us to adjust, but we're used to it now.


Mr. Cutie with his healing broken hand. He had to have surgery to fix the bone. There are 8 screws in there. Little did I know we'd end up being at the surgical center for over 7 hours. They had a tv, which was nice, but it was on Fox News the entire time, and I couldn't find the remote. I was the only one in the waiting room, no receptionists, nothin'. After sitting for a while (quite a while) I got bored and started doing stretches. I also played Hide & Go Seek with the fish in the aquiarium, it was actually kinda fun, I'm sure they loved it. Anyways...Mr. Cutie is doing well, he handled it all like a sweet, tuff guy.

2 comments:

Cindy B said...

You have been busy! I loved the picture with Madison doing the back bend thing. How does she do that?

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

I know, they are so flexible.