Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Inside our house...



Nothing too exciting goin' on, which is nice for a change. Madison, Bailee and I have been adjusting pretty well to Madison being away at school all day. Madison really hasn't had any problems, so that's a relief. The house is a bit quieter and I'm able to accomplish more tasks. I have started to work on the big chore that I keep putting off, organizing the paperwork that has piled up on the computer desk. Blah! I've also completed 20 pages of pictures in the family photo album, so now I'm only a year behind. I hope to get all caught up soon.


I've also been trying to build up my physical strength and endurance. I heard on Oprah (which I don't usually watch, but did because Dr. Oz was on) that a woman of about 40 years old should be able to do 11 push-ups. So, I tried and was able to do 7. I wasn't too excited about that, so I've been trying to do them more often, and am now up to 15. I do girl push-ups by the way. How many can you do? Bailee and I have been walking the neighborhood a lot. We enjoy getting out.


I finished reading The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. I liked it once I finally got into it, it took a few chapters. It was a pretty serious book. On one page towards the end, I was totally crying with tears running down my face. I was sitting on one end of the couch reading and Jeff was on the other end reading, but I was so quiet he didn't even know I was crying. It's a good thing the girls were in bed or they would have been wondering what was wrong with mom.



I took this picture of Bailee watching Madison out the bay window. She loves her big sissy and gets so excited just watching her.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

By girl push-ups, do you mean with knees on the ground? I just tried it that way and I could do 20 until the burning arms gave up. My biceps have gotten quite a workout from carrying hefty Brielle around all the time. Is Bailee walking yet? Brielle still has a ways to go.

I love that picture of Bailee. So cute!

Maleen said...

I do guy push-ups, but only eight of them, but it is good to know that I need the work. Maybe I will try girlie ones next time.
The Host was pretty serious, but the idea was quite interesting. It makes you treasure your free will immensely though.

Brooke said...

Gee, we must be related, except I can only do 5 push-ups. I saw that same Oprah, and was trying to improve, but now I'm using my pregnancy as an excuse to not do them. Dr. Oz would probably tell me being pregnant is more of a reason to stick with it, but, hey, I'm lazy. What can I say?

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Yes, Melanie, I do mean with the knees. I did 20 today too. It was tough. My biceps have gotten stronger from holding Bailee, but I've discovered that my pecs are wimpy. They're gettin' better. Bailee isn't walking yet. She stands up by herself and takes a step or two, that's it. We cheer her on, but she just laughs and heads for her hands and knees again.

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Brooke, I don't recall ever doing push-ups while being pregnant. Sounds like a good excuse to me.

Emilie said...

Hum, too lazy right now to try the push ups. But, congrats on doing that much on your family photo album!

Deanne said...

Congratulations on tackling the paperwork on the computer desk. You MIGHT inspire me to do mine. It always feels so good to have it under control. Good for you for trying to build up your strength. I'm almost ready to be ready to start exercising!

Deanne said...

p.s. that picture of Bailee is darling!!!