Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sayonara 2008, don't let the door hit you on your way out!


Ah yes, good old 2008, I'm really not too sorry to see you go. Well, actually I am, time flies by way too fast, I'll be old before I know it and I'm sure I'll cherish every memory. We had lots of good times in 2008, but we dealt with some tuff stuff too. Here's a monthly recap of 2008 for the Redford family. The computer is not working too well, I'll have to finish later...

January 2008

We started off 2008 with a BRAIN, oops I mean BANG! I had my first MRI on New Years Eve. I was pretty much freaking out, I thought I had Multiple Sclerosis, but a few days later we got the MRI results back and learned I had Chiari Type 1 Malformation. So, I spent the next few months going to doctors, getting MRI's and learning about my diagnosis. It was going to be a long road ahead.




February 2008
Jeff sold his long time friend, Mustang. (When you read this Jeff, please try not to get tears on the keyboard.) Sorry Buddy :(



March 2008

Bailee's 1st Jazz Game.





Madison's 1st Loose Tooth



April 2008

We celebrated Madison's 6th Birthday, and went to Kangaroo Zoo for the first time.





Jefferson graduated from UVU. Nice Job, Hot Stuff!








May 2008



Our last family pictures at the park before my surgery scheduled in May. After celebrating Madison's birthday and Jeff's graduation, now I felt ready for the big surgery day.






My brain decompression surgery went excellent. Here is a lovely picture of my scar and stylish hair-do. I didn't want to have to subject anyone to seeing the other pictures of my head with the staples still intact. It was a huge relief to get this surgery over with. We were very blessed. I still struggle with equilibrium problems, but I'm glad I had the surgery and hopefully with time my brain will heal more.




June 2008


Bailee learned to crawl.





July 2008


Bailee turned 1 year.


August 2008

Madison started 1st grade.









5 comments:

Maleen said...

I can't believe it is a new year already, and how many things we manage to cram into a year. I enjoyed the first half, can't wait for the second.

Deanne said...

I don't think I could do a recap month by month if I tried! Great job. So glad the surgery is behind you, and here's to great things in 09.

Emilie said...

I am excited for a new year, I hope it brings good things for your family!

Cindy B said...

It was a difficult year for us too! Here's hoping 2009 will be better.

Wright Family said...

It was fun to see the recap of your year. I think I'll need remember things we do each month to do that. I hope this year won't bring too much tough stuff for you but more of the good stuff.