Do I look like an incapable mom? I'm just wondering, because "The Santa's" seem to think so. For example this year Santa (above) asked me what Bailee would like for Christmas. I said she'd probably like a Little People Princess Castle (which is what we got for her). So, he asks me if she'll put the pieces in her mouth. I told him she probably would, and he asks me if they are small pieces that she'll choke on. Uh...No, duh Santa I'm not going to give her something that she'll choke on. Good heavens, I hope I know better than that. (I didn't really say that last part to Santa).
Now, this next story about our visit with a different Santa, tops that one. This happened a few years ago, Madison was 2 1/2 I think. It was quite cold that day, and the heater in our car took a while to warm up. By the time we arrived at the University Mall we were finally starting to get warm. So, we went in the mall and got to see Santa right away (shocking I know). Madison sat on his lap and he commented that her hands were cold. We'd had her bundled in a blanket in her stroller, but her hands were still chilly. So, he's holding on to her hands and says it again, "Her hands are cold." So I said, "She takes after her mother." My hands are often on the chilly side, which I don't think is too uncommon for a woman. So, he says, "What, No Blood?" Excuse me Santa, should you even be saying the word blood. I thought that was a little bizarre. I'm sure her hands were cool, but holy cow we'd just come in from the freezing cold, that tends to happen in the winter, unless you've been sitting in a toasty hot car with layers of winter gear on. I refer to him (only to Jeff) as Butt head Santa. He's not at the University Mall anymore, darn. At least now we have a mini van that gets warm very quickly, but us Redford girls still might have chilly fingers. As the saying goes, "Cold hands=Warm heart".
3 comments:
Perhaps the phrase "poor circulation" would be better than "no blood". I know lots of people with cold hands, and they all have warm hearts :)
I'm right there with you on the cold hand thing. Maybe that's why I love summer so much because my hands have finally warmed up after many months of freezing.
At least the picture turned out well! The girls look so cute.
Post a Comment