Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What's on my mind?

This picture was taken about a week after the surgery.




This one was taken 4 weeks after the surgery. It's healing up really well. It really doesn't give me much pain. The flexibility in my neck is coming back.




When my hair is down you really can't see too much of the scar.

So, my recovery is coming along really well. My doctor/surgeon did a really good job. I still do have dizziness which has been hard to deal with emotionally and physically. I was hoping the surgery would totally fix it, but maybe with more time it will get better. It's hard having dizziness because it affects everything I do 24/7. I'm still not able to drive around town at this point, so that stiffles my independence. Luckily, for my own sanity, I don't mind being a home-body and can usually find things to do, Madison and Bailee help with that. I'm thankful that Jeff is so good about taking me to do errands and such. My mom, mother-in-law and friends are always willing to lend a helping hand, so that helps as well.
I've been experimenting a bit to find things I can do to ease the dizziness. One thing I found is that if I stand up with my feet spread about 3 feet apart and quickly hop from one foot to the other I don't feel dizzy and I actually feel like I'm in control of my body instead of vice-versa. Jeff was amused by this and told me he needs to do that himself to trim down. (He really doesn't need to trim down.) The other thing I discovered today, was while Madison was watching Cinderella, during one of the musical parts I came in the living room and started my rendition of ballroom dancing. I noticed that while I was dancing I didn't feel dizzy. At least there's something.
I meet with the doctor on Friday, so we'll see what he has to say.





7 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm glad things are getting better. I hope the doctor can figure out what the dizziness is all about. That's strange that you feel better while dancing.....that's usually when I start feeling dizzy - all that spinning around!

Emilie said...

Hum, I wonder why you are still dizzy? I am sure that it will get better, and I am sure you will feel better when you talk to the doctor.

Deanne said...

I'm so glad your recovery is going well--aside from the dizziness. That would drive me crazy! I guess if you danced and hopped your way through life you'd be peachy! I hope you can figure it out so you can have your independence back. I'll be praying for a full recovery for you!

Wright Family said...

That's great that you figured something out to help with the dizziness. I'm glad you are recovering so well.

Cindy B said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having dizziness. I hope that when you see the doctor he can tell you something helpful. Ask him if yoga or swimming might help. I've heard that either one might be good for balance. Let us know what the dr. says.

Maleen said...

I hope the doctor will have some good advice about the dizziness. I can only imagine how annoying that would be. I get dizzy when I stand up too quickly, but nothing I can't control. I would be frustrated by random dizziness. May you recover completely soon.

Mandi said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! I honestly don't know that I could ever be that brave! Your amazing. mandi